Re: Contradictiory directions

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Contradictiory directions
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 09:04:37 +0100

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> We did not gain any type of dynamic module loading feature until Emacs
> 25.

I'm not talking about dynamic Emacs modules.  I'm talking about basic
libraries.  We can't check whether whatever libraries we're loading,
whether it's libc.so or libsrvg.so or whatever, aren't proprietary
variations on the libraries we're expecting.

> So it seems to be terminology specific to mh-e, with no reason to
> warrant its adoption throughout Emacs.

The reason is that the world has moved on to the new terms.