Re: master 72b1379f079: Increase `emacs-lisp-docstring-fill-column` to 7

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: master 72b1379f079: Increase `emacs-lisp-docstring-fill-column` to 72
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 13:43:15 +0000

On Saturday,  3 Feb 2024 at 04:28, Adam Porter wrote:
> As I said, the only potential problem I can imagine is a user who's
> heavily customized the window configuration or display-buffer-alist so
> that docstring-showing windows are precisely 64 characters
> wide. Inconveniencing them would be regrettable to some extent, but
> enough to not change the value?

I'm one of those that has a /heavily customised window configuration/
and I cannot see that this change will bother me much.  If I find that
my help window popups (left side on my wide landscape monitor) are now
too narrow, I'll simply adjust one number in my display-buffer-alist.

Much ado about nothing really (in my opinion, of course) and definitely
not akin to the register change late last year.

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2023-09-14) on Debian 12.2