guix-devel

Re: https://issues.guix.info

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: https://issues.guix.info
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2018 17:46:16 -0400

Hi Ricardo,

> Some of you know this already, but I think it’s time for a proper
> announcement here.  I made a little something:
>
>     https://issues.guix.info

Awesome, it looks pretty neat!

> The search box accepts issue numbers (for *any* bug on the GNU instance
> of Debbugs), but it also supports a few special queries, such as
>
>     is:open / is:pending –> only open issues
>     is:done / is:closed  –> only completed issues
>     title:foo -> issues containing “foo” in the title
>     author:rekado –> issues that “rekado” contributed to
>
> Other supported terms are “severity”, “tag”, and “submitter”, but not
> all of them really work as they should, partly because of bugs in mumi,
> partly because of limitations in Debbugs.

I think It would be neat to present these to the user, right on
the website itself.

> - make the search bar look good

Adding class="form-control" would be a nice first step.  Also,
it'd probably be a good idea to wrap the <form> in a div with
class="row", and use bootstrap grids to make the search bar and
the button smaller (by putting them in a column), and display the
above information about the search syntax in another column to
the right of the form.

  -amin