guix-devel

Re: https://issues.guix.info

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: https://issues.guix.info
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2018 22:55:59 +0200

Hi Amin,

>> The search box accepts issue numbers (for *any* bug on the GNU instance
>> of Debbugs), but it also supports a few special queries, such as
>>
>>     is:open / is:pending –> only open issues
>>     is:done / is:closed  –> only completed issues
>>     title:foo -> issues containing “foo” in the title
>>     author:rekado –> issues that “rekado” contributed to
>>
>> Other supported terms are “severity”, “tag”, and “submitter”, but not
>> all of them really work as they should, partly because of bugs in mumi,
>> partly because of limitations in Debbugs.
>
> I think It would be neat to present these to the user, right on
> the website itself.

I agree.  I don’t know how to present these things nicely, but I’ll play
around with this.

BTW: “submitter:who” should also work now.  Like “is:…” it’s a rather
expensive query because the result set from Debbugs has to be filtered
locally.

>> - make the search bar look good
>
> Adding class="form-control" would be a nice first step.  Also,
> it'd probably be a good idea to wrap the <form> in a div with
> class="row", and use bootstrap grids to make the search bar and
> the button smaller (by putting them in a column), and display the
> above information about the search syntax in another column to
> the right of the form.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I read the bootstrap CSS docs and came up
with something that I hope is an improvement.

--
Ricardo