guix-devel

Re: What ARM hardware should we buy and where should we host it?

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: What ARM hardware should we buy and where should we host it?
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 14:03:18 -0400

On Mon, Sep 03, 2018 at 10:59:38AM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> One of the most promising seems to be the SynQuacer:
>
>   https://www.96boards.org/product/developerbox/
>
> With a 24-core processor, SATA, PCIe, USB 3.0, micro-atx form-factor,
> and 4 ram slots (up to 64GB, in theory, but may be picky about
> ram).

It has 24 cores of Cortex-A53 CPUs, which are intended for "mobile"
applications (smartphones and similar). IMO, it would be great to get
more powerful processors. But, if this thing is working for Debian and
can handle sustained load on all 24 cores, that's already better than
some of the armhf boards we have. According to that Debian mailing list
post, this can do both 32 and 64-bit.

Steve, do you find the SynQuacer can handle being fully loaded for
extended periods of time?