guix-devel

Re: Update MATE to 1.24

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: Update MATE to 1.24
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:57:43 -0500

 ---- On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:43:42 -0500 Jonathan Brielmaier <address@hidden>
wrote ----
 > On 30.03.20 22:42, sirgazil wrote:
 > >  > > * Not possible to add/remove workspaces.
 > >  > You mean the workspace switcher in the applet panel? Or do you mean that
 > >  > one cannot reduce/increase the number of shown workspaces (default: 4)?
 > >  > This also doesn't work at 1.24.
 > >
 > > When I right-clicked the worskpaces switcher, and selected preferences, I
 > > saw this:
 > >
 > > https://multimedialib.files.wordpress.com/2020/03/mate-1.22-disabled-workspaces-spin-box-2020-03-23.png
 > >
 > > The +/- buttons to add/remove workspaces don't work and you can even see
 > > that the number field (which shows 4 by default) is disabled. So you are
 > > not able to modify the number of workspaces, which is a bug, because MATE
 > > documentation says you can.
 >
 > I can confirm this. Can you open a bug for please?

Done: http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/40334

By the way, Jonathan, can you reproduce this one?

## Steps to reproduce

* Go to System → Control Center → Sound.
* Go to the Sound Effects tab.

## Expected result

I can pick a sound theme, and then a sound from the list of alert sounds.

## Unexpected result

The sound theme and list of sounds are disabled, so I have to use the selected
default (which provides no sound).