guix-devel

Re: native or not

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: native or not
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 09:27:43 +0200

Hey,

> I'm not seeing any size difference, but groff is not in the output:

OK, then its normal.

> That fails on master (libpaper) whereas with the patch it works,
> so I guess the patch is useful on that front.
>
> The patch for sudo will be in the following emails.
>
> Is there anything else to check / test ?

Well you can also check for deterministic compilation, and all the other
items listed here:
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html

Also be careful because there were quite a lot of cross-compilation
related patches pushed on core-updates. You may want to check that you
are not duplicating this work.

Anyway, most of the packages that should cross-compile fail to do so
because of inputs/native-inputs mix-up, so your patches are really
welcome :)

Thanks,

Mathieu