guix-devel

Changing permissions of files created with simple-service etc-service-ty

From: Josua Stingelin
Subject: Changing permissions of files created with simple-service etc-service-type
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 12:25:23 +0100

Hei Guix!

I've been a long time follower of your distribution. In my humble opinion guix
has the most promising configuration system out there!

I'm trying to set up a guix configuration for my laptop. After playing around
with it for a while I figured now is a great time to get some help.

How do I change the permissions of a configuration file?

For example I'm used to running wpa_supplicant with a configuration file that
I'm copying from machine to machine to keep connected to all my favorite
wireless networks.

I'm using the etc-service-type of the simple-service to copy the file. Which
works great. But sadly grants read-access to everyone. I'd prefer it only be
readable by root.

  (simple-service 'wpasupplicantconf-service
                  etc-service-type
                  `(("wpa_supplicant.conf",
                     (local-file "wpa_supplicant.conf"))))

  $ ls -l /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
  -r--r--r-- 1 root root 2.3K Feb 11 11:39 /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

How can I achieve that?

Kind Regards,
Josua a.k.a Joshua/Josh