guix-devel

Re: Documentation of what is appropriate for #guix?

From: Matt
Subject: Re: Documentation of what is appropriate for #guix?
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 22:35:23 -0500

 ---- On Sat, 19 Feb 2022 21:33:47 -0500 Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org>
wrote ----
 > Every now and then someone stumbles into #guix and ask questions that
 > I've gleaned over time are off-topic (e.g. non-free software). While I
 > have a pretty good idea what is appropriate for the channel, it is not
 > clear to me where that is documentated.

I see the following when I connect to #guix:

-ChanServ- [#guix] Welcome to #guix, home of the GNU Guix project! | Be kind
           to everyone. Ground rules:
           <https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/CODE-OF-CONDUCT> |
           Non-free software is off-topic:

<https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html>