guix-devel

Re: Documentation of what is appropriate for #guix?

From: elais
Subject: Re: Documentation of what is appropriate for #guix?
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 10:39:01 -0700

If we were to set up a separate relaxed Guix
community that accommodates all forms of corruption, one problem would be the impediments that would exist in communication, especially if the original Guix takes hostile and non-compromising attitude, I think.

The discussion at hand is about clarifying what is on topic new channel users, not relaxing a commitment to not promote non free software. A few seconds of searching will almost definitely turn up alternatives if that’s what you’re looking for. That being said I think it would be helpful to add a few sentences to the chat on irc page[1] that clearly state that discussion of non free software is off topic and discouraged in the Channel. I think it will also help if we add the same message to the contacts page[2] as well.
  1. https://guix.gnu.org/en/contact/irc/
  2. https://guix.gnu.org/contact/

-- Elais Player