guix-devel

Re: (Re-) Designing extractong-downaloder

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: (Re-) Designing extractong-downaloder
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 13:35:08 +0100

Maxime Devos schreef op wo 23-02-2022 om 13:30 [+0100]:
> A benefit of delegating the actual downloading to url-fetch, is that
> (guix scripts perform-download) would be used, so connections could
> be cached.

Nevermind, this benefit is probably undone by the extra unpacking.
I still recommend delegating the downloading to url-fetch though, such
that if, say, a bug in (guix swh) has been fixed or (guix swh) has been
improved in other ways, then time-travellers to the past can still
benefit of the improved (guix swh).

Greetings,
Maxime.