Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: subversions:/home/cvs/CVSROOT/passwd -- recen

From: Hugo Gayosso
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: subversions:/home/cvs/CVSROOT/passwd -- recent changes
Date: 15 Feb 2001 20:08:53 -0500

Jeff Bailey <address@hidden> writes:

> > Also there is a daily cron job that generates different output formats
> > (info, text, dvi, etc).
>
> Do you know how this runs?  It will need to be changed to do a cvs update
> first.

It seems that there is a cronjob that goes and does a `make' on the
sysadmin directory:

address@hidden:/gd/gnuorg/sysadmin$ more /gd/gnuorg/sysadmin/Makefile

# This makefile, /gd/gnuorg/sysadmin/Makefile, is run from /com/sys/cron/daily
# There is some wierdness in the way it is called from that script, so that
# the output of TeX lands in sysadmin.out
# Then diffmon watches the output of TeX.

My suggestion would be to leave the cronjob alone, we are interested
on "savannahsize" `sysadmin.texi', not all the outputs.

As far as I know, we could register `sysadmin.texi' under `gnudocs'
the only caveat is to be careful when checking it out to use the "-d"
flag to specify the name of the directory under which it should be
checked out.

So.... if you all agree, it is a matter of just dealing with
system-hackers and the RCS import, and nothing of that seems to be
that difficult.

> > So, maybe it would wise to first clean what we have to do in Savannah
> > and then worry about importing this kind of stuff.
>
> The module has been around for a while.  When I suggested integration
> before, devnull wanted it delayed.  I don't know if that is still the case.

I don't know either.

> Do you want to ask, or shall I?

Well, you already asked it, so if you don't mind I think you are the
man.

Greetings,
- --
Hugo Gayosso