Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNATS host?

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNATS host?
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 23:57:44 -0800

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 12:06:30AM -0500, Hugo Gayosso wrote:

> 1. GNATS will stay at fencepost or are we going to set up a new GNATS
>    installation at savannah and then migrate?

GNATS will stay on fencepost.

> 2. Same question for mailman.

Mailman needs to stay on fencepost, since it's the mail server.  We'd
have to register the aliases over there anyway, so why not keep it all
there together?

> 3. How are we planning the interface to GNATS to be?
>      a) A link to gnatsweb

This one, although gnatsweb is poorly suited to the job.  Gnatsweb and
gnats need to be adapted to dynamically follow the database structure.

>      c) email interface (that's a given for GNATS, but we have to do
>         some tweaking at /com/mailer/aliases specially if we are
>         running one database per project).

I'm not sure how best to deal with this.  I've been telling people
fencepost access and gnatsweb only for now.

--
Talk is a trick for taking the mystery out of the world.
 - Seeker, Beyond the fall of night.