Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNATS host?

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNATS host?
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:58:38 +0100 (CET)

 > Mailman asks the administrator to add the following to the aliases for
 > for each list:
 >
 > ## plan-vyag mailing list
 > ## created: 30-Dec-2000 jbailey
 > plan-vyag:               "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post plan-vyag"
 > plan-vyag-admin:         "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner plan-vyag"
 > plan-vyag-request:       "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd plan-vyag"
 > plan-vyag-owner:         plan-vyag-admin

 Thanks for the information. I assume that when you create a new list
from the web interface some kind of script takes care of all that for
you ?  I may be naive on that subject :-}

 > Gnatsweb assumes a particular database structure.  I don't want to force
 > people to use it.  Gnats is quite flexable, most of the UIs are not.
 >
 > I had been planning on hacking Gnats to use Kerberos.  Right now it looks
 > at plain text flatfiles.  If you want to update the flatfiles, that would
 > work, but the passwords are stored in plaintext.

 Savannah does not store passwords in plain text, therefore it cannot produce
flatfiles with clear text passwords in it. Would it be possible to arrange

 > Packages like glibc and oleo provide scripts that allow PRs to be
 > emailed in.  Sometimes (like with glibc) it collects some system
 > information and fills it in for the user before sending the PR.  This
 > behaviour should be preserved.

 PR == Problem Report ? Is there any information needed from Savannah for
this to work ? I mean it works now, why couldn't it work if Savannah comes
into play ?

     Cheers,