Re: [Savannah-hackers] Not responding to lsh

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Not responding to lsh
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:56:19 -0600 (MDT)

Since you said things were fixed on the server side, I investigated
further, and discovered that the problem was because CVS had created
the directories incorrectly on my machine.  They had mode 000 and were
perhaps missing some of the files CVS expected them to contain.

I think this is a CVS bug; it must have set up that directory wrong
as a consequence of the problem on the server.

I think that CVS, if it can't really access the directory in the
repository, should at least create the local directory in some
consistent fashion (or not create it at all).  Can you pass the word
to the CVS developers?