Re: [savannah-help-public] Helping you

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Helping you
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 22:43:57 -0400

Hello,

> On Jun 26, 2017, at 02:28, Vinicius Melo <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi! I've spoken with Richard and he said to me to write this email to you.
>
> I can help you in maintaining and operating savannah! How can I start helping?

Thank you for writing and offering to help - much need and much appreciated.

There are many places for improvements, some are listed here:
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SavannahHackingIdeas/

If you are interested in working the actual PHP code for the website,
I think the best place to start is to try and run the website locally,
as explained here:
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/RunningSavaneLocally/
This will allow you to hack on the PHP code locally and experiment with
improvements quickly. If something doesn't work for you with these
instructions please let us know.

Another critical aspect is that the current PHP code runs on PHP 5.5.9,
but not on modern PHP7. Fixing that would be very valuable.

There's also an ongoing effort at translating savannah's web interface
to other languages. Write to address@hidden if that
interests you.

If you have other interests or features you'd like to add - please feel free
to work on those and send patches.