Re: [Adonthell-devel] More adonthell-0.3 updates

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] More adonthell-0.3 updates
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 21:34:43 +0200

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 10:39 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

After spending much of the day in a fruitless attempt to install OSX 10.11, only a small update for today.

Finally managed on Monday. Yesterday I had installed the required dependencies and compiled and tested v0.3. I also installed the current 0.3.5 OSX binary and to my surprise it worked without any notable issues. (The console shows complaints about using a deprecated audio component, but that is entirely up to SDL 1.2, and nothing to be done about other than switching to SDL 2),

So I might just compile 0.3.6 under OSX 10.6, as that way it should support all the versions starting with that, whereas compiling on OSX 10.11 probably is not very backwards compatible.

The one thing that I might want to try on OSX 10.11 is to enable sandbox mode, which might make it more future proof and maybe even allow people to install it without all the security hassle. But that's for later.

I'll reserve the achievement implementation for the coming long weekend and have instead completed a few of the minor tasks.

* installed g++ 6.1 and verified compilation works
* tested that the in-game Python console still works with Python 3.5
* updated the included gettext files to latest version

That mostly leaves the two big items achievements and SDL2 and some other small dialogue tweaks. Then it is up to packaging and producing binaries for OSX and Windows. Though I have yet to figure out how to best achieve latter.

Kai