[Adonthell-devel] List of achievements

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] List of achievements
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 00:09:21 +0200

In preparation for this weekends work, I've compiled a list of 9 achievements that I think are decent enough. I am still looking for a 10th, but nothing really good came to my mind.

Basically, I want them to be positive, not tied to simply playing the game (though two in the list you will definitely unlock as long as you make it to the end), and also not require grinding. As I have enough "easy" ones, I'd be looking for something a bit more challenging, but if nothing more comes up, 9 shall be enough.

As I plan to have all the text changes finalized soon, so I can submit a pre-release to the translation project, in the hope that at least the existing translations will be updated, please go over the list and see if any wording could be improved.

Each achievement has a title, a short description and an associated icon [in brackets]. I tried my best to make them indicative of what might be required, without giving too much away. The UI would show title and description of each, and the proper icon for those that have been unlocked. The text of the others might also use a "disabled" look.

I've also noted the requirement to unlock each, so beware: SPOILERS AHEAD!

Anyway, here's what I have come up with:

* Sommelier
  You know a good drop when you taste it
  [Wine Glass/v0.4 barrel]
  --> Tasting the wine from all 3 barrels in the cellar

* Conversationalist
  None may escape your silver tongue
  [Dlgedit icon]
  --> Talking to all NPCs during one play through

* Keeper of secrets
  Embarrassing confessions are safe with you
  [Sealed scroll]
  --> Not telling Talan's secret to Jelom

* Revealer of truth
  Under your vigilant eye, no wrongdoing stays hidden
  [Eye? Light?]
  --> Telling Talan's secret to Jelom

* Trusty servant
  As always, you keep your mistress out of harms way
  [Main character portrait]
  --> Finishing the game

* Yetin acolyte
  You walk the way of the yetin spirit
  ["Hi-Res" pic of midget yeti]
  --> Getting Frostbloom to talk on first try

* Gem-bearer
  What is thought to be lost, you already discovered
  [Catseye]
  --> Presenting the gem to Erek during the first conversation with him

* Master detective
  Your inquisitive powers lead you to the right conclusions
  [Spy glass]
  --> Presenting all the right conclusions in the final dialogue

* Paragon of virtue
  Neither lie nor deceit parts your lips
  [Ankh/Exult icon]
  --> Always being honest and open (i.e. never hiding your connection to Silverhair and the location where you found the gem. Telling Jelom the truth about Talan and not promising Lucia to cover him up.)

The list is roughly sorted by difficulty, and if there are any additions I'd rather have them near the end of the list, as there are already 5 fairly simple ones.

Anyway, further ideas, comments and corrections welcome!

Kai