Re: [Aspell-user] AWLI Files

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] AWLI Files
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 12:39:48 +0200

Hi
Am Samstag, 15. Mai 2004 01:48 schrieb J/:
> My host recently upgraded aspell and for the strangest reasons I can't seem
> to get PHP to recognize my custom installation of aspell.  Even when I
> explicitly configure it with --with-pspell=/home/j/aspell  it ends up
> default back to the system aspell.  At least that's what it appears to be
> doing, since it can't find my custom dictionary files which the aspell
> binary in my custom install can find just fine.

Afaik the configure --with-package is only used during build process to
properly compile and link the php package with aspell but usually this does
not influence the lookup path.
You may try to put your private aspell directory as first into your PATH
environment varuable or maybe php has some configuration files ore
environment variables where you may set the proper aspell path. But i sugest
that placing /home/j/aspell into fristpace in PATH would do the job or at
least before the path to the systems aspell.
cu
Christoph