autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: serial lines (was: Thoughts about ax_resip.m4, anyone?)

From: Dustin J. Mitchell
Subject: Re: serial lines (was: Thoughts about ax_resip.m4, anyone?)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:47:21 -0600

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Peter Simons <address@hidden> wrote:
> The open question that has kept us from implementing this feature so far is:
> how do we ensure (automatically) that serial numbers are always up-to-date
> in every file?

Let's get the serials in there, and see what the problems are first.
There are certainly modifications to macros that do not require a
serial bump, so maybe we'll be able to do this manually?

I seldom heed this advice, but: don't optimize prematurely!

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com