RE: autoconf in pure MSVC environment?

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: RE: autoconf in pure MSVC environment?
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 17:31:04 -0700

Dalibor Topic

> Hi Brandon,
>
> I'm using http://cccl.sourceforge.net/ as a wrapper for microsoft's
> compiler and linker in order to build a theorem prover & the Qt-using
> GUI with MSVC [1], and it works nicely with a normal autotools setup.
>
> There is also a automake-to-MSVC-project coneverter that you
> could try out, as well.

Ha!  It is great to be handed not just 1 option, but 2.  Now, given the
existence of seemingly working solutions, I am wondering:

- why it is not easy to find this information in the list archives
- what would be so hard about folding these into the Autoconf sources

except if the answers are about politics, not engineering.  Oh well, now
there's big record in the archive for all the MSVC users to trip over.
Unless some listowner is so political as to erase any trace of it.

Cheers,                         www.indiegamedesign.com

20% of the world is real.