Re: delete aclocal.m4? keep generated files on cvs server? enforce spece

From: Derek Robert Price
Subject: Re: delete aclocal.m4? keep generated files on cvs server? enforce specefic automake/conf version?
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:03:56 -0400

Bjarke Freund-Hansen wrote:

I'm new at developing on POSIX systems, so I have a few questions (as
the subject might indicate ;))

Should I include aclocal.m4 in MAINTAINERCLEANFILES, and regenerate it
every time i regenerate the built files? (runs autogen.sh)

It depends whether you want to expect everyone who might build source from your CVS repository to have all the autotools installed or not. In general, I think most projects choose to check them in.

Is it advisable to keep the generated configure and friends on the cvs
server, or should I run make maintainer-clean before I commit/import?

Same answer, though if you decide against checking them in you could just add the files to the local .cvsignore file to have CVS stop telling you they are around when you don't wich to check them in.

And last, but not least. ;) How is the proper way to enforce specific
automake/autoconf versions in the autogen.sh script?

configure.in:

   AC_VERSION(<autoconf version  number>)

Makefile.am:

   AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = <automake version number>

Derek

--
               *8^)

Email: address@hidden