Re: [avr-chat] Un-tar-ing a file in Windows

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Un-tar-ing a file in Windows
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 20:52:26 -0500

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 08:48:05AM -0500, TODD BATZLER wrote:

Saw Brian Dean's post on avrdude and I'm a long way from being able to
help, but my first step is to figure out how to 'un-tar' a file under
Windows XP.  I can de-compress it to the base .tar file.  Can someone
point me in the right direction to get the rest of the way.

Maybe I missed someone else saying this but am surprised at how
difficult all the other replies were making the task.

WinAVR comes with tar and gzip. Just open a command box, cd to your
directory, and "tar -xvzf archivename.tar.gz"

I can't imagine a Windows user being interested in avrdude and not
having already installed WinAVR.  :-)

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden