Re: [avr-chat] Un-tar-ing a file in Windows

From: Jeff Barlow
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Un-tar-ing a file in Windows
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 13:59:14 -0700

address@hidden (Joerg Wunsch)  wrote:

>Just for the record, and because that's a -chat list: this message is
>completely unreadable to me, and the kind of things I don't read
>unless being forced to.

Well... I don't imagine Miller Electric is exactly in the
forefront of applying the latest technology. They make welders
after all. (Actually they do make some pretty high tech welders.)
I'd guess they have a pretty old school IT department.

It could be worse. It could be HTML.

The message was generated with the dreaded Novell GroupWise. As
an Internet standards compliant mail client it's as big a failure
as Outlook or Lotus Notes. With any luck Novell will kill that
product line now that they've decided Linux is their future.

It's also worth noting that the message in question included
"(Like, what's 'bash'?)", which tells us something about the
background of Mr. Batzler. Perhaps he needs a visit from *nix
attitude adjustment police.

BTW, no one should take any of the above too seriously.

--
Later,
Jeff