OT: Soldering SMTs (was Re: [avr-chat] isp-usb)

From: Graham Davies
Subject: OT: Soldering SMTs (was Re: [avr-chat] isp-usb)
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:12:03 -0500

Brian Dean wrote:
> I put together an SMT soldering tutorial ...

I seem to recall that this was one of the Web resources that inspired me to
brave SMT technology.  Brian and I have also rapped off-line on paste,
stencils and toaster ovens.  In particular, I now insist on the thinnest
stencil, 4 mils, and this gives me great results.  I also agree with his
recommendation for soldering temperature.  I set my Weller WESD51 at 350
degrees Celsius for pretty much anything.

Graham.