Re: OT: Soldering SMDs (was Re: [avr-chat] isp-usb)

From: Rick Mann
Subject: Re: OT: Soldering SMDs (was Re: [avr-chat] isp-usb)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 18:18:19 -0800

On Mar 15, 2006, at 4:53 PM, Don Ingram wrote:

Done correctly the IR toaster can be very effective, but check the heat distribution first, a bit of alfoil around the inside can shape the temp

Can a convection oven do better? I have a nice Krupps oven that I'm thinking of converting. It has three quartz elements on top and three on bottom, plus a little convection fan in the side.

--
Rick