[avr-gcc-list] CVS or SVN ?!

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] CVS or SVN ?!
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:45:48 +0200

Hi list,

I have been advised to use CVS when developing programs, but it seems
awkward to set up the server side. While asking around for help, I have
been suggested to give up CVS and use SVN, "subversion", instead, and
that it was meant to supplant CVS.

Now CVS seems difficult enough, so I don't fancy spending time on it,
only to have to change to something else soon after...

I would like your opinions on this... what do everyone use at work ?
Does it make any difference what system I use, as long as I use one !?
Say I find a job in this field, what would my boss be most likely to ask
me to use, CVS or SVN ? Or do the bosses not care, and the engineer can
use and setup whatever system he prefers or is familiar with ?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, work experiences, whatever you see
fit :-)

Regards,

--
Vince