Re: [avr-gcc-list] CVS or SVN ?!

From: Kitts
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] CVS or SVN ?!
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:38:26 +0530

At work i use ClearCase on some projects and CVS on other. CVS is being
enforced to reduce costs but is being rejected by coleagues and old timers.
I find that the biggest reason that they project is poor integration with
the IDE which is mostly Visual Studio.

I am not an administrator and have not much say in this at work but
personally, i am exploring Subversion as it is recommended by many and
seems very promising. I use KDevelop for development and subversion is said
to integrate well enough. With all this all i can say is that it is the
concept of version control that is more important to learn as all of them
are very similar to use with varing qualities of GUI.

As a user, IDE integration is very important.

--
Cheers!
Kitts