Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude error --- while programming At90CAN128

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude error --- while programming At90CAN128
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 22:31:25 +0200

As John cliffer wrote:

> I soldered at 300 degree celcius.

I don't think you've got a hardware problem.

Normal lead-free soldering happens at 350 °C.

> What should be the length of track between ISP connector on PCB &
> microcontroller.

Depends on the cable, but about 20 cm is usually fine.

> Should power supply circuit be kept away from ISP tracks ?

Power supply works like shielding, so it's no problem.

I've just looked, I do have an AT90CAN128 around in my box which I
could probably fit into an STK501.  So all I need to get is some kind
of USBasp to check this myself.

Did you make sure you're using the most recent USBasp firmware
version?