[Axiom-developer] commit policy

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: [Axiom-developer] commit policy
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:09:05 -0500

Tim, *

I have a simple patch which I am ready to upload. It fixes the
following bug:

(1) -> )f i n

BOOT>(quit)

-- restart Axiom

(1) -> )f
   Your command is ambiguous. The following are abbreviated by f :
      fin
      frame
(1) ->

The problem is in src/interp/int-top.boot, function `intloopPrefix?'.

Would you prefer I upload such changes to the axiom--language--1
branch, and send you notification that it would be relevant to
axiom--main--1? Or would you prefer a patch file and I'll simply keep
in sync with axiom--main--1? I have one more patch in the works
relevant to the main archive (a simple grammar issue in the message
database).

Once the patch is applied, I would very much appreciate anyones
criticisms/comments regarding its style, etc. Its rather verbose for
such a small fix, but I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to
receive some feedback before I commit changes which involve more
involved issues. Please be harsh.

Thanks,
Steve