bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Russian translation update plus some suggestions/discuss

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Russian translation update plus some suggestions/discussion
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 16:35:01 +0200

Hi Alexey!

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 01:45:27 +0700, Alexey Osipov wrote:
> Updated russian translation for current git master attached.

Thank you very much! Applied and pushed:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bino.git/commit/?id=95fc821969c8c397570a05aa18fe5d30cceab163

> 1. String "<p>Set zoom level for videos that<br>are wider than the
> screen:<br>0: Show full video width.<br>1: Use full screen
> height.</p" in gui.cpp:1515 has incomplete closing tag.

Fixed in your name, also for de.po, fr.po, and ru.po:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bino.git/commit/?id=08e744f77765ab6489f96bbc7b4bc61292f18a9c

> 2. I have noticed that you split one big "Usage" message into series
> of separate strings and hence same strings (like "Red/cyan glasses,
> Dubois") is now used both in "Usage" message and in GUI controls. I
> like this decision, but it seems that code inside #ifdef
> HAVE_LIBXNVCTRL define in gui.cpp:2158 still using separate (old)
> strings for output method definitions (with "method" word added -
> like "Red/cyan glasses, high-quality Dubois method"). Is this
> duplication intentional?

No, this duplication is unnecessary. Fixed in your name:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bino.git/commit/?id=006e56f43dfbb72d80f8ad1457d2bba750228343

(This only removes translatable strings since the new version is
already translated, so it does not affect completed translations).

> 3. In "hot keys" help dialog, key names are now untranslatable. It's
> ok for language-independent key names like "F7" or "[,]". But key
> names "SPACE", "left", "right" and especially "Media keys" are not so
> self-explaining for non-english-speaking users. I suggest to add such
> key names to translatable strings.

You are right. I added these key names to the translatable strings:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bino.git/commit/?id=9b1b5deeecd9c4573b53893051d3746803635ad2

I updated de.po, but since I promised a freeze on translatable
strings, other completed translations (fr.po, ru.po) do not need to
be updated to make it into 1.4.

> 4. In file menu, "Quit..." item has three dots on the end. I always
> thought that three dots after menu item means that some dialog or
> confirmation box should appear after activating such item. As "Quit"
> does not show any dialogs and processed immediately, maybe we should
> remove end dots from it?

Yes, you are right. Fixed in your name, also for de.po, fr.po, and
ru.po:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bino.git/commit/?id=91a33e981931f58d154d5a3a6f3da7b9dfc97909

> 5. This one unrelated to translating. Current video settings are
> saved only if you Stop video before closing bino. In other cases (for
> example if you close bino while video is playing or paused) bino
> don't save current video settings. Seems like a bug.

Yes, it's a bug. Thanks for reporting this. Fixed now:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bino.git/commit/?id=92a5adb2d7a03cc819324a7ad8b1a7f164b04571

Thank you very much for taking the time to test the latest version and
to report these issues!

Best regards,
Martin