bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Russian translation update plus some suggestions/discuss

From: Alexey Osipov
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Russian translation update plus some suggestions/discussion
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 22:33:07 +0700

Hi, Martin!

17.06.2012 21:35, Martin Lambers написал:
3. In "hot keys" help dialog, key names are now untranslatable. It's
ok for language-independent key names like "F7" or "[,]". But key
names "SPACE", "left", "right" and especially "Media keys" are not so
self-explaining for non-english-speaking users. I suggest to add such
key names to translatable strings.
You are right. I added these key names to the translatable strings:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bino.git/commit/?id=9b1b5deeecd9c4573b53893051d3746803635ad2

I updated de.po, but since I promised a freeze on translatable
strings, other completed translations (fr.po, ru.po) do not need to
be updated to make it into 1.4.
Since there is not much to update, I attach updated Russian translation with translated keys.

There is another problem now. Newly introduced function "lengthen" is not aware of what encoding is used on target system and assumes that one symbol is one byte when calculating the length. So, "Usage" message with translated key names in Russian UTF-8 looks a bit awry.
Thank you very much for taking the time to test the latest version and
to report these issues!
Thank you for quick fixing!

Best regards,
Alexey.