bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Russian translation update plus some suggestions/discuss

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Russian translation update plus some suggestions/discussion
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 20:04:51 +0200

Hi Alexey!

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 22:33:07 +0700, Alexey Osipov wrote:
> > I updated de.po, but since I promised a freeze on translatable
> > strings, other completed translations (fr.po, ru.po) do not need to
> > be updated to make it into 1.4.
> Since there is not much to update, I attach updated Russian
> translation with translated keys.

Thanks! Applied and pushed:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bino.git/commit/?id=2042f9e9e2c3a3eb6c2d6fe6d5e004caf972d403

> There is another problem now. Newly introduced function "lengthen" is
> not aware of what encoding is used on target system and assumes that
> one symbol is one byte when calculating the length. So, "Usage"
> message with translated key names in Russian UTF-8 looks a bit awry.

You're right, now I remember that I made that same mistake before...

It should be fixed now: lengthen() now considers the display width
instead of the string length. Can you test it?

Best regards,
Martin