bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: Stream metadata

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: Stream metadata
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 16:41:36 +0200

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:
>
>> Stream "currently playing" is a little better, but it's a
>> bit long and not really English. Maybe use stream song here?
>> It's not good either, I know. Do you have suggestions?
>
> How about `current-stream-part'?

I don't know, "part" sounds kind of alien. I'm liking "song", because
it's very clear what it means. But if a stream does not have usual
songs, it's not so good. In that case, part is better.

I looked at EMMS. It appears like EMMS uses "song title", so maybe we
should use song to be consistent here.

Song is also used in the book "Practical Common Lisp", which includes
a chapter[1] with a Shoutcast server implementation. I know this is
not that relevant, but I wanted to advocate "song" some more. Also, it
is a cool book!

Footnotes:

[1] http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/practical-a-shoutcast-server.html