certi-devel

Re: [certi-devel] installation problems

From: Benoît Bréholée
Subject: Re: [certi-devel] installation problems
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:08:10 +0100

Thierry Emonet <address@hidden> writes:

> QUESTION 1: should I get this script? or are they part of the old version?

Those scripts were just aliases to "billard -fTest -n#" with environment
variables set for debugging and they're not used anymore.

> QUESTION 2: Any idea what is wrong with my RedHat 7.3 box? What should
> I change in the configuration of my machine or in the initialization
> script of certi?

It's not a compilation problem but I would test it with GCC 3.* (I
think RH 7.3 used "GCC 2.96").

> QUESTION 3: How can I get a second ball interacting with this one. If
> I open another terminal and run billard -fTest -n2 I just get another
> billard table.

It looks like you started the second billard after the initial
synchronization : federates have to be synchronized before the balls
start to move. I think you started the federate, started the actual
federation ("press enter") then try to make another billard join the
federation. In this case the second federate joins the federation
and waits for synchronization... which never happens because the
other federates have already done it.

Start a first federate, don't press 'enter', start the other
federates, then press 'enter' to complete the synchronization (only
the first federate waits for keyboard input).

--
Benoît Bréholée                                         http://breholee.org
Université de Perpignan                 http://gala.univ-perp.fr/~breholee/