certi-devel

[certi-devel] installation problems

From: Thierry Emonet
Subject: [certi-devel] installation problems
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:40:36 -0600

Hello,

I have some installation problems and I would be very happy to get some help.
Below I describe what I did and ask 3 questions:

1) I downloaded certi-3.1.tar.gz, unpacked, ran the myconf linux, make, make install. Everything went smoothly

2) but when I tried the Test I found that in the bin directory there is no billard-1, billard-2, ... etc executables.

QUESTION 1: should I get this script? or are they part of the old version?

3) I tried the following: cd $HOME/CERTI/share/federations; certi-start
and I got the following error:

CERTI RTIG 3.1 - Copyright 2002, 2003, 2004  ONERA
This is free software ; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty ; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

SocketUDP: Bind: Cannot assign requested address
RTIG: exception: NetworkError -- Exiting.

This was done on a linux box running RedHat 7.3. Adding $HOME/CERTI/bin to the PATH and setting CERTI_HOST=localhost did not help.

4) I tried the same on my laptop running Fedora Core 1 and this time I got certi-start to work.

QUESTION 2: Any idea what is wrong with my RedHat 7.3 box? What should I change in the configuration of my machine or in the initialization script of certi?

5) I opened a second terminal and ran in it billard -fTest -n1 and a window popped up with one billard ball in it.

QUESTION 3: How can I get a second ball interacting with this one. If I open another terminal and run billard -fTest -n2 I just get another billard table.

Thanks a lot,

Thierry

--
Institute for Biophysical Dynamics