certi-devel

Re: [certi-devel] installation problems

From: Thierry Emonet
Subject: Re: [certi-devel] installation problems
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:12:26 -0600

I have no rtig program hanging and I tried changing the port to e.g. 1080 as explained by Patrice but I get the same results.

I think I will just drop this. CERTI is working great on Fedora Core 1 (my laptop), and I want to upgrade this RedHat 8.0 box to Fedora Core 3 anyway. So I will try installing Fedora core 3 and hopefully there will be no problems with CERTI.

Thanks for your help,
Thierry

Benoît Bréholée wrote:

Patrice Torguet <address@hidden> :

| Looks like the port number used by the rtig is already in use.
| [...]
|
| But the probability that another application use this same port is
| quite low. So you might already have a rtig running on your machine.

Either a RTIG still running, or a previous RTIG not correctly closed
("-9" killed, crashed, etc.) I think the OS should detect this, I
remember now the port was reusable after a few minutes with Solaris,
it was usually longer with Linux (then I used to do what you said:
change the port number).