Re: Browseable CVS

From: Etienne M. Gagnon
Subject: Re: Browseable CVS
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:05:30 -0400

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 10:55:27AM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Etienne> For my SourceForge projects (SableVM/SableCC) I solved the
> Etienne> problem by creating -bugs and -patches mailing lists, and
> Etienne> putting the email address of the mailing list in the
> Etienne> appropriate "notification" fields on the admin pages...
>
> Thanks.  I don't know who can make this change.  I'm pretty sure I
> can't :-(

From what I have seen on the subversion Classpath page, both project
administrators (Paul and Brian) should have enough priviledges to do
so.

> For gcc we've found that discussion on the -patches list is useful.

OK.  This is a cultural issue, and was not my point.  My idea was to
close these mailing lists to spammers, a thing that the Classpath list
should also implement, by only allowing subscribers to submit without
moderation.  Other messages can be either automatically rejected or
moderated.  This is all easily configurable in the mailing list software
(Mailman)  Maybe if I ask for this often enough, somebody will get tired
of my ranting and simply do it; it only takes a few seconds to click on
the appropriate checkbox in the Mailman admin pages...  Ah! well, I
shouldn't raise my hopes so high. :(

You know, guys, I'm ready to help you with the SF admin pages
management.  Subversion uses the SourceForge software, which I am by now
pretty familiar with.  I don't think this requires copyright assignment
 too; or does it?

Etienne
| ?tienne M. Gagnon                    mailto:address@hidden |
| Professeur adjoint            T?l?phone: (514) 987-3000 poste 8215 |
| Bureau: PK-4930                        T?l?copieur: (514) 987-8477 |
| D?partement d'informatique, UQ?M          http://www.info.uqam.ca/ |
| Auteur de SableVM                          http://www.sablevm.org/ |
| et de SableCC                              http://www.sablecc.org/ |
| Etienne M. Gagnon                    mailto:address@hidden |
| Assistant Professor                Phone: (514) 987-3000 ext. 8215 |
| Office: PK-4930                                Fax: (514) 987-8477 |
| Department of Computer Science, UQAM      http://www.info.uqam.ca/ |
| Author of SableVM                          http://www.sablevm.org/ |
| and SableCC                                http://www.sablecc.org/ |