classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] Proposal for the ISO character entity bug in gnuja

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] Proposal for the ISO character entity bug in gnujaxp
Date: 15 Oct 2002 21:45:33 +0000

Arnaud Vandyck <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden wrote:
>
> > Just to let you know... I'm doing this now. It looks ok so I'll
> > probably check it in tonight.
> >

> > I'm going to check in the test code into a new test framework too.
>
> Well, if it's good, I'll be crazy about that! (I don't know how to
> express it in english but it means I'll be very very very happy!
> :-))

Be very happy. It's now in the CVS.

I checked in Arnaud's patch, his test code (slightly altered, see
below) and the new build system.

We desperately need all this tested. PLEASE, everyone who is here and
paying attention please check out the current CVS and test it.

See the file HACKING for information on how to build the jaxp module
with automakejar.

> Let me know about something I can work on. You told me about Unit
> test, maybe you someone can send me some links to know exactly it's
> about: what have I to do and how :-)

This is the next thing. I'd like to have some tests of at least the
common features of DOM and SAX. I prefer not to use frameworks like
Junit for doing testing, I think a good main() method in a well named
class is just as good.

To that end I have added the directorys:

   tests
   tests/dom

The idea is that individual test cases should go into the directory
(SAX tests would obviously be called tests/sax).

I haven't set the build to deal with these yet. I would like some
feedback first.

> Maybe I can work on it this week-end. I got to check my franch
> translation of the Debian Java FAQ... and I got a lot of work this
> week.

I'd like you to have a think about how we can get some really good
tests for gnujaxp. Is there any tricky code that we could test it
against?

Nic

> PS: I asked my boss to buy the Sax2 book :-))

Excellent! Dave (who I'm sure is lurking here) will be pleased.