Re: Scheme Interface (was Re: [Denemo-devel] Staff menu transpose)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Scheme Interface (was Re: [Denemo-devel] Staff menu transpose)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:25:00 +0100

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 14:40 +0200, Nils Gey wrote:
> This all is to much for me to understand. Instead of reviewing your
> mail I want to ask a question which, in my opinion, covers
> transposing. If its supported I have no complaints:
At the moment, almost nothing is supported. But we now have virtually
everything in place to do all sorts of manipulations without
re-compiling the program.
It means we are nearly ready to make a release which could have all
these possibilities and more added by reading in a script (using the
load a custom-commandset button in the Edit->Command Management window).

(I say "virtually" because I am not quite sure about how we will track
selections in a Scheme script, and there are a few query functions still
to be linked up, but trivial stuff).

So, patience, we have to get to grips with Scheme to actually write the
scripts (I looked around for friendlier front ends to Scheme but I don't
think they exist). And as I say, there are a few bits to finish on the
interface from the scripting language to Denemo.

Your email should serve as a handy wish list of transposition and
similar operations, though.