[Denemo-devel] chord symbols

From: Brian Mauter
Subject: [Denemo-devel] chord symbols
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 21:49:48 -0500

Hi, first off, thank you for Denemo.  I’m very impressed with it and Lilypond.
It’s been a bit difficult to learn, but now I can enter notes rather quickly,
and I’m still learning!  Thank you.

Okay, I have a score with a piano staff and a descant staff.  The melody is
shared with the treble clef of the piano.  I have lyrics for both parts.  I
have a second voice for the piano treble clef too.  I’d like to add chord
symbols such that they appear above the descant staff.

If I add edit chord names while on the descant staff, they appear exactly where
I want them.  However, measures 5 and 6 need new chords on beat 3.  Since the
descant is resting for the whole measure, I can’t put anything there, I think.
If I remove the chord names from the descant part and put them on the bass
clef, the chord names appear above that clef.

I tried adding a staff before the descant and then converting it to a chord
staff, but that didn’t look right at all.

How can I get those chords above the descant and at all of the proper changes?

Attached is my score.

Thanks,
-Brian