Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error when using UHD, GRC

From: Mark Colin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error when using UHD, GRC
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 14:34:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

     OK, the uhd_find_devices --args="type=usrp1" is working, there's no device discovery error message, but when I tried to run the uhd_usrp_probe --args="type=usrp1" the uhd_usrp_probe broke down giving a nice error message:

"uhd_usrp_probe.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

If I disconnect from the Internet (I have internet connection on PPPOE) then I don't get any error when running uhd_find_devices.exe instead when I run uhd_usrp_probe.exe I get the mentioned error. I even tried to disable Local Area Network, and VirtualBox Network, but the error is there.

I tried many packet sniffer (TCP, UDP) programs but there's no data transfer (I couldn't find any packet sent by UHD) when running uhd_usrp_probe --args="type=usrp1" therefore it might be some error in the test program uhd_usrp_probe before sending out any packet.

What could be the problem?

Thank,

Best Regards,
Mark.