Re: StepBox v1 - Yet another GNUstep window manager

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: StepBox v1 - Yet another GNUstep window manager
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:04:13 -0400

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn <id@project-ile.net>
To: Yen-Ju Chen <yjchenx@hotmail.com>
CC: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:00:32 +0700

Hi,
I just notice what StepBox really is. dl'ed and it
seems nice but I also have a few suggestions.
Why don't you subclass the XGServer in back-x11 directly?
That way you can use any AppKit classes you wish
and even share a single Display to the X server.
Imagine you can do window decoration in NSView on
back-art. It would be nice to me.

 The short answer is that I don't know XGServer until now.

 Actually I just rewrote the hackedbox into ObjC and Founcation,
 and don't know any GNUstep classes which can be used in StepBox.
 I'll look into XGServer later.
 Use AppKit in StepBox will save me a lot of work.
 That's the goal.

 Thanx

 Yen-Ju

See when your friends are online with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com