Re: [OT] GentooLinux GNUstep Developer

From: Chad Hardin
Subject: Re: [OT] GentooLinux GNUstep Developer
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:44:30 -1000

Well, they can use the official Debian packages then, what's the problem?

Chad

On Nov 27, 2003, at 3:47 PM, MJ Ray wrote:

Chad Hardin <cehardin@mac.com> wrote:
Splattering the root directory?  That seems to be pretty charged
statement, what is your meaning?

I think it's quite clear. Why is cluttering / with GNUstep stuff any
better than putting them in /usr/lib/GNUstep? I think you could even make GWorkspace have Local/Applications on the shelf by default if you wanted,
which is far more friendly than installing in / on a Debian system. For
many people who we want to try GNUstep, / is on a smaller disk than /usr,
so they'll prefer it on /usr.