Re: File browser for desktop environment (Was Re: Look and Feel)

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: File browser for desktop environment (Was Re: Look and Feel)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 04:07:04 +0700

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 21:09:51 +0100, Frederico Muñoz <fsmunoz@gesal.org> wrote:

> I'm glad that you're so excited about Ètoile (portuguese keyboards allow the
> correct spelling :) ). I'm also excited about it. The people involved are
> great developers. This, however, is only indirectly related to GWorkspace.

Well, I am trying my best to get your point. What I was talking about
is, _forking_ GWorkspace
and put it in Etoile (I think you missed another character, there are
at least2 weird characters i believe).

>It is certainly frustrating as hell to develop an application for
years, receiving little comments on it and then be presented with some
kind of planned "paradigm shift" and be constantly bombarded not by
wishlist items, criticism or bug reports, but with permanent talk
about a "good alternative".

I didn't mentioned any rewriting though. But since Enrico was bored
_directly_ by my
discussion about an unexisting project (which IMHO, exists) and
decided to depart
his project because of that at lease for a part of his reason. I feel
I have every right
to talk about forking and future improvements, or even a rewrite
although I didn't really
want that.

> I'm not even discussing the techinal merits of this approach. Some will no
> doubt find, and with good reason, that it all should boil down to that. The
> general feeling that transpires in the recent (and not so recent) email to
> the list is however hard to suffer for the one that develops and maintain
> GWorkspace.

I believe it is my responsibility to reply to his mail which was
clearly pointing at me.
But trust me I didn't intend to counter-attack him in any aspect since
I hardly see
why should I get involved in this in first place, hence, I fail to
construct any basis
to start further discussion. So I tried to make one now by making any
possibility
to create collaboration between GWorkspace and Etoile in future.