Re: Look and Feel

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Look and Feel
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:21:24 +0100

Le 19 févr. 05, à 11:17, Banlu Kemiyatorn a écrit :

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 03:26:41 -0500, Jason Clouse <jhclouse@charter.net> wrote:
[...]

IMHO, We should stop discussing this endless thread and
start marketing Etoile seriously now. We are quite late already.

Why not Garma or Backbone… the majority of steppers are may be more interested by NeXT-like desktop environment than a new experimental desktop env which hasn't make its proofs and plans to introduce important changes in GNUstep philosophy itself even if compatibility want be kept with current GNUstep state (based on OpenStep spec.). A dual branch development of Étoilé could be possible too, the first would stay mostly compatible with OpenStep spec. philosophy, and the second branch would introduce more radical features, a modular conception could allow a such development path.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr