Re: Scrollbars.

From: Benhur Stein
Subject: Re: Scrollbars.
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:45:58 -0200

On 11/14/06, Alexandre Moreira <alexandream@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, everyone. This is my first post to this list.

Please excuse me (and point me the right directions) if this is not the
right place to ask this but, there it goes:

I'm thinking in using GnuStep's framework to develop a simple application,
but I'd like if it was able to blend nicely with the rest of the
environment. Themeing is not a problem, but the Scrollbars at the left,
although as a left handed I really like them, would be too different from
the rest of my (and most people's) desktop.

Is there any way to put the scrollbars to the right ? If there is not an
easy way, is it hard to patch it to make the scrollbars appear on the right
? That way it would be at the right at least on my computer :)

Easy: look for the "tile" method in gui/Source/NSScrollView.m (around line 870);
inside the "if (_hasVertScroller)" command, change the 2 occurences of
NSMinXEdge
into NSMaxXEdge. After make install, all apps that you run will have
right scrollers.

Benhur