Re: New ProjectCenter Icons

From: Riccardo
Subject: Re: New ProjectCenter Icons
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 19:39:11 +0200

Hi,

I actually prefer to have separate, apps for editing different things ... then their gui can be better tailored to the specific task.

I too prefer having different applications for different tasks. I Find that PB and IB are well integrated together, PC and GORM will follow.

My main target for this discussion is to think about how GNUstep could revolutionize IDEs by making things really simpler for daily work... This might help to attract new developers and users. So, it is more to be seen as a feature request for PC/GORM 2.0

I would rather leave things as they ar, just improve them. A big do-it-all application just gets more complex. Look at the simplicity of PB compared to XCode...

Also note that IB can be used to edit NIB files without a project, you can open files included in an application (that is also a selling point, translate things once deployed, etc etc)

Note also that Gorm provides GormLib so if you really feel the need of a different ide you can create a new, revolutionary one. It may be a feature of for example ProjectManager to integrate these different concepts. There is no doubt that some developer might prefer that way, other the current traditional way. So providing both...

PC and GORM are just an implementation, everybody can do them in a different way.

Riccardo