Re: GNUstep slogan - discussion and voting

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: GNUstep slogan - discussion and voting
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:51:54 +0100

On 2007-11-12 16:48:23 +0100 Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <lars.sonchocky-helldorf@hamburg.de> wrote:

GNUstep ... make your users smile ...
What I don't like about that slogan is that, despite it's positive message, it doesn't give you an idea what GNUstep is at all. If the slogan doesn't deliver that it is IMHO somewhat redundant.

Bingo! you got it. It is a "void slogan" in  my humble opinion.

Possibly. Void triggers imagination.

IMHO, it's plain impossible to collect the highlights of GNUstep (or any other sufficiently complex product) into few words. An attempt to do it anyways is a recipy for failure.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/