Re: GSWeb/GDL2 Status

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GSWeb/GDL2 Status
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 20:27:14 +0100

On 21.11.2007, at 18:42, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
Is it really like you *must* write an EOF clone to be taken seriously in the OpenStep Scene? … let me count - GNUstep has GDL1 and GDL2, Helge wrote something for SOPE

Just for the record, I did *not* write something for SOPE. I worked with Ovidiu on GDL1. When GNUstep went on by dropping GDL1 in favor of GDL2 we moved GDL1 into SOPE because we still needed the API.

Eg something I consider more "duplicate efforts" is libSQLClient because this is already covered by the GDL1 *and* GDL2 adaptor level (typical case of writing from scratch was considered easier than getting into the libraries ;-)

regards,
  Helge
--
Helge Hess